RE: contradictions in Davydov

From: Eugene Matusov (ematusov@udel.edu)
Date: Sat Aug 02 2003 - 16:12:37 PDT

Dear Mike and everybody-

Thanks, Mike, for interesting recollection. I'm not surprised to hear that
because Davydov was a universalist and Hegelian (as he declared himself).
For me his support of the school for blind and deaf was not a contradiction
but manifestation of Davydov's universalist approach. Like Hegel, he
believed in universal historical progress. Different cultures express stages
on the universal historical scale that education can and must erase.

What do you think?

Eugene
PS My joy was premature. I was expelled from xmca again. So feel free to add
my email address to the correspondence, please.

Institute