RE: personalizing voice

From: Eugene Matusov (ematusov@udel.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 31 2003 - 21:26:44 PDT

Dear John and everybody-

I think my students are more concerned with their "ed philosophy" teaching
voice rather than just teaching style. They seem to be happy not to commit
to any of the presented ed philosophy presented in their classes as
principles outside of their personal agency (even if they like some of these
principles) but rather they want to experiment and find out whom they will
develop. Ed philosophy, in my view, is more than guidelines for pedagogical
design but a shape of teacher agency.

What do you think?

Eugene