an award for....?

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 22 2003 - 13:39:11 PDT

I can think of several xmca folks who deserve this award. But I am too
tied up to even think of getting into the nominating process. Volunteers?
mike
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 13:39:47 -0400
>From: Suzanne Le Menestrel <slemenes@smtp.aed.org>
Subject: [ppas] Fwd: $100,000 Education Award
To: ppas@listserv.aed.org

Hello everyone. I thought this might be of interest to many of you.

Regards,

Suzanne Le Menestrel
PPAS System Project Director

>>> Alan Gleitsman <ag@gleitsman.org> 07/14/03 03:36PM >>>
We invite you to be a Nominator for The Gleitsman Foundation 2004 Citizen
Activist Award which will focus upon those working to improve K-12 Public
Education.

We would like to receive nominations of those working in effective
ways...perhaps they are social entrepreneurs who have started an
organization, perhaps they are working alone or through an existing
organization, perhaps they are professional teachers, educators or
administrators working in a creative way.

Honorees will share the $100,000 award and each will also receive a
sculpture designed for us by Maya Lin, creator of the Vietnam War Memorial,
at a ceremony at the Center for Public Leadership at Harvard's Kennedy
School in the Spring of 2004.

Not only do we invite you to be a Nominator, but we would also appreciate
your passing along the link to the nomination form to other individuals and
organizations that are working in the field. The Nomination Form can be
accessed at http://www.gleitsman.org/citizen/nomination.html

Thank you,

Alan Gleitsman

The Promising Practices in Afterschool (PPAS) Listserv brings together the
worlds of youth development, school-age care, and education. On the PPAS
website, www.afterschool.org, you can search for promising practices and
share your own good work with others to help build the field of afterschool.