business meeting

From: Judith Vera Diamondstone (JDiamondstone@Clarku.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 09 2003 - 20:03:20 PDT

Hello CH-SIG members and friends,

If you are receiving this email, I hope you will contribute to a discussion
about the business meeting for this year.

Last year, we included several proposed papers, which we will not be allowed
to do any more. We CAN invite a speaker, and I hope we will. We will also
conduct business, as we are supposed to do during the business meeting.

Speaker -- If you have a candidate in mind, now is the time to propose him
or her.

Here are some ideas:

A speaker who can bridge CHAT and another contemporary discipline (e.g.,
geography)

A speaker whose research over the last year or two has made a major impact
on the field of education

A speaker who has used CHAT to illuminate some aspect of educational reform.

2 speakers representing different CHAT approaches: Stage a conversation
between two CHAT perspectives on some aspect of educational reform.....

---

Last year's speaker brought in a sizable audience, which is the point of having a speaker at the business meeting.

Nominations are now open.

Judy