definitly a request for some clarification

From: Bill Barowy (wbarowy@attbi.com)
Date: Sun Jul 06 2003 - 07:03:02 PDT

On Sunday 06 July 2003 9:48 am, Judith Vera Diamondstone bid us discourse:

> to locate agency from an AT perspective; Yrjo locates agency in the
> activity system. This question seems to me open to exploration &

On the contrary, Yrjo writes in ch. 5 og LBE, regarding "how the
socio-culturally mediated forms of behavior, or the activity settings, or
even societies, are generated or created in the first place":

"The cycle of expansive transition addresses this very question. It traces the
generation of socio-culturally new activity systems by collectives of
concrete human beings. Here, individually manifested doubt, hesitation and
disturbance is the starting point. The direction is from the individual to
the societal. However, the individual point of departure is itself
understandable only as a cultural-historical product. "