Re: Chasing the Object

From: Jay Lemke (jaylemke@umich.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 24 2003 - 20:35:20 PDT

Continuing the dialogue on this topic, I'm sending some notes I made on
Victor's recent posting. Obviously there is a lot more to be said, and I
thank him for offering such stimulating discussions, connecting the topic
of material-ideal-objectifications to larger issues of social organization
of complex systems.

I have inserted my notes between paragraphs of Victor's posting, after
copying it to WORD and back again, so please excuse any formatting problems
... I have also highlighted some key points in the original. Please note
that I wrote these comments mostly for myself, but thought others might
like to see them, so they are not quite in my usual dialogical style and I
don't have the time right now to edit them ...