Course Ending/Discussion Beginning

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Wed May 28 2003 - 11:32:58 PDT

Dear XMCA-o-phytes,

Next week will be the last week of our course on cultural historical
activity theory. We will be reading Engestrom and as always, you are
welcome to join in.

The main purpose of this note is to announce that starting two weeks
from now, Harry Daniels will be coordinating discussion of Kristin
Foot's article from MCA. This is the article you voted for earlier,
but which has not yet been discussed. You can obtain it either by going
to MCA via XMCA or by going directly to www.erlbaum.com, choosing
MCA, and the article should be downloadable for free.

When we complete discussion of the Foot article, which I guestimate
will take a couple of weeks (who knows since its summer time and
these joint reading activities are so mobile and unpredictable?), we
will begin joint reading of an article from the current number of
MCA. Voting is now going on and the polls are open. Just go to
XMCA and follow the sign posts to the voting booth. Three good choices.

Someone wrote me this morning saying that now that summer has arrived
there is a whole new obligation I can start meeting. NOT! We are still
in session here at UCSD until the 17th and there is a dense fog outside
my window! Hope its all clear wherever you may be.
mike