Re: State Regulation vs Academic Freedom

From: David H Kirshner (dkirsh@lsu.edu)
Date: Sat Apr 12 2003 - 20:28:27 PDT

Hi Gordon.
Yeah, we've been jumping through hoops for the past 2 years to redesign
our teacher certification programs in line with stringent new state
guidelines. But the shift from certification programs to regular academic
masters degree programs is something new here. Is the same sort of
regulation
you're grappling with for certification programs also being imposed on
your non-certification grad programs in California?
David