Attribution Theory

From: Phil Chappell (phil_chappell@access.inet.co.th)
Date: Thu Apr 10 2003 - 04:55:11 PDT

Hi All,
I'm in the middle of a conference on Research in English Language Teaching
and sat through a paper presentation which used attribution theory to help
interpret learners' introspections on their "failures" in a course. It
seems that learners' responses are classified into external or internal
attributions (explanations??) I haven't come across this theory before, and
when I did a quick search of references provided by the presenter, I noted
that its application appears to be frequently associated with behaviour
modification. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks,
Phil