Re: question about literacy

From: Noel Enyedy (enyedy@gseis.ucla.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 12 2003 - 12:10:43 PST

Peter:

Apropos of the paragraph below you might recomend:

Burbules, Nicholas and Callister, T. (2000). Watch IT: The risks and
promises of information technologies for education. Boulder, CO: Westview
Press.

It is a short and accessible book which outlines proposes a "critical
literacy" given the recent changes in technology and "information."

Noel

--
Noel Enyedy, Assistant Professor
University of California at Los Angeles

Office (310) 206-6271 FAX (310) 206-6293

enyedy@gseis.ucla.edu

http://www.gseis.ucla.edu/faculty/enyedy