The Hoax

From: Phil Chappell (phil_chappell@access.inet.co.th)
Date: Wed Feb 26 2003 - 03:17:40 PST

Subject: Virus Alert- Please Read
A virus has been passed on to me by a contact. My
address book WAS infected. Since you are in my address book, there
is a good chance
you will find it in your computer too.

The virus (called jdbgmgr.exe) is not detected by
Norton or McAfee anti-virus systems. The virus sits quietly for 14
days before damaging the system.

It is sent automatically by messenger and by the
address book, whether or not you sent Emails to your contacts.

Here's how to check for the virus and how to get
rid of it:
YOU MUST DO THIS:

1. Go to Start, Fin! d or search option

2. In the file 'folder option, type the name
jdbgmgr.exe

3. Be sure you search your C: drive and all
sub-folders and any other drives you may have.

4. Click "find now"

5. The Virus has a Teddy Bear icon with the name
jdbgmgr.exe DO NOT OPEN IT

6. Go to Edit (on menu bar), choose "select all"
to highlight the
file without opening it.

7. Now go to File (on the menu bar) and select
delete. It will then go to the Recycle Bin.

IF YOU FIND THE VIRUS, YOU MUST CONTACT ALL THE
Sorry, forgot the hoax message.
Phil

PEOPLE IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK, SO THEY CAN ERADICATE IT IN THEIR OWN
ADDRESS BOOKS.

To do this:

a) Open a new e-mail message

b) Click the icon of the address book next to the "TO"

c) Highlight every name and add to "BCC"

d) Copy this message enter subject pa! ste to e-mail

I am sorry for the inconvenience. This ! virus was
passed to me by a contact who had me in their address book. Please forward
this message to EVERYONE in your address book.