Re: XMCA mediation

From: Bill Barowy (wbarowy@attbi.com)
Date: Thu Feb 20 2003 - 04:11:26 PST

On Thursday 20 February 2003 06:40 am, Phil Chappell wrote to all of us:

> The activity lens would be interesting - especially determining who is
> borrowing whom's words!

Yeah -- but to do that without having access to the sender's identity -- Is it
impossible? I am left wondering if a linguistic analysis could make progress
in determining some cast of characters. This is a hard problem -- the
perpetrators are seemingly unknowable -- and according to the secret service
website, so are many of the victims -- and then there are us who receive
these mails, and know better, but continue to be plagued by them. I guess
that is one reason why I'm intrigued.

By learning to read the full headers, and with some other tools, you can more
or less find out who is the originating ISP and complain there.

bb