Fwd: URGENT BUSINESS PROPOSAL

From: Bill Barowy (wbarowy@attbi.com)
Date: Wed Feb 19 2003 - 06:41:50 PST

The following is a forward of a Nigerian Advance Fee Fraud email
( see http://www.secretservice.gov/financial_crimes.shtml#Nigerian )

It's become of interest, because this latest email has "kicked it up a notch"
in cleverness by including a couple of real news stories from the bbc. The
headers (included) also indicate a new source of connecting to the internet
(these headers do not appear to be faked as far as I can tell yet). And the
story is completely different from the genre i've previously been receiving.
A new (ring of) perpetrators?

By using some kinds of webmail, a person can potentially be anywhere on the
internet to send such a message -- often however the Internet address of the
sending computer is included in one of the headers. In this case it appears
not to be.

Anyway -- why send it here? Two reasons.

1) my email address appears on the web only for xmca and chsig. So others of
you posting here may also be receiving these messages. You can proactively
work to make it more difficult for people to send such mails by forwarding
the message (with full headers) to your ISP, or by getting a free spamcop
account and sending it there. http://www.spamcop.com/

2) this could be a very interesting thing to write up through an Activity
lens. These things penetrate our experience from other places, and
potentially open up whole new happenings (like losing all your money),
creating a substantial ecological transition.

Time to do such writing is my barrier.

bb