Conference -critical perspectives-TUCSON,AZ

From: Karen Spear-Ellinwood (kspearellinwood@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jan 27 2003 - 10:58:11 PST

FROM: KAREN C. SPEAR-ELLINWOOD

Given the nature of the interests and communications on this list serve, I am posting this notice concerning an upcoming conference in TUCSON, ARIZONA.

The following is a link to a web site for the

16th Annual LRC Graduate Student Colloquy

at the UNIVERSITY OF ARIZONA,

DEPARTMENT OF LANGUAGE READING AND CULTURE

COLLEGE OF EDUCATION

http://www.ed.arizona.edu/colloquy

Everyone is welcome to attend who is interested in critical perspectives on language, literacy, and learning. The theme of this year's conference is:

IDEOLOGY & POWER: LANGUAGE, LITERACY, AND LEARNING

If you plan to be in Tucson on February 11, 2003, please join us. We will have 17 Graduate student presentations, 2 guest faculty presentations, 2 symposia (one in Spanish with translation concerning Dr. Luis Moll's Central American Project for rural teachers in Central America, which will address issues in language hegemony and rural teaching experiences; the other is a presentation that was made at the NRC 2002 Conference on adult literacy, which includes Dr. Patricia Anders and Dr. Perry Gilmore), a Colloquy Epilogue by Dr. Popen concerning the conference theme, and the keynote address.

The keynote speaker is DR. JEROME HARSTE of Indiana University, Dept. of Language Education.

You can pre-register for the conference by going to the web site.

If you have any questions, please contact us. Thank you. We hope to see some of you there (here).

Karen C. Spear-Ellinwood, Co-Chair & Syndy Almonte, Co-Chair

Sri Ramakrishnan (srilakshmi ramakrishnan), Chair Publicity & Media