Re: cepa

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 30 2002 - 16:02:29 PST

My thanks too, nate. Both for the cepa source being sent to xmca and
for the quote. I could not help thinking it gave a whole new meaning to
the notion of fossilized concepts (!).

Here I am thinking about modications of the environment for collecting
footprints I hope to put into place in about 10 days and wonder how my
analysis of footprints collected from the past 15 years of data collection
would be changed if they were all I had. I wonder a lot about the futures
of the children who made the footprints, and how I might ever find out what
became of those futures past and present.

How would you track diversifying transactions, Molly?

mike

PS-- On a totally different topic. An Iraeli friend told me about spending the
past two days with an Arabic-American born in Iraq who got to spend two lucky
days in jail. She knows that such things go on routinely in Israel, but could
not give over the fact that people there know and discuss such issues, whereas
here they exist outside of national consciousness.