Re: constructivist/ constructionist distinction

From: lehuon@scs.vuw.ac.nz
Date: Sun Dec 29 2002 - 10:45:30 PST

Hello,
I came across the distinction in Ernest, P. (1995). The one and the
many. In Steffe, L. & Gale, J. (Eds). Constructivism in education.
New Jersey: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates:
459-486

Social constructivism puts emphasis on the essential and constitutive
nature of language and social interaction. Social constructivism
regards individual subjects and the realm of the social as
interconnected.

Social constructionism resembles social constructivism but
prioritizes the social above the individual.

Huong