Re: Hello

From: Kevin Rocap (krocap@csulb.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 17 2002 - 13:08:45 PST

Dear Huong,

I have no privileged insight into Tudge's use of the word CONTEXT, but I
would likely read it in this way:

CONTEXT is not only the adult helping the child or children but WHERE it
is occuring, WHEN it is occuring, WHAT ELSE, in terms of tools,
artifacts, etc., is involved.

Are they in a row boat on a lake, holding oars? Are they then learning
how to row or some math concept involving reference to the lake and its
environs? Is it in a classroom? Seated at desks, hands folded?

These are just a couple examples of CONTEXTS, it seems to me. But that
is just my lay-reading of the excerpt you've provided. ;-)

In Peace,
K.