elusive voting booth

From: Judith Vera Diamondstone (JDiamondstone@Clarku.edu)
Date: Sat Dec 14 2002 - 09:56:16 PST

  Am I the only one who cannot find the voting booth on the xmca page? I
hear tell that it's somewhere on the bottom of the page. I've checked every
link I can find, but still no booth. What's my problem? Whoever has the
answer can use my vote this round.

Here is the content of the xmca page, copied from the website:

---------------------------

  The Polls are open

Announcements:

Modifications are under way and suggestions are welcome.

----

The Mind, Culture, and Activity Homepage is an interactive forum for a community of interdisciplinary scholars who share an interest in the study of human mind in its cultural and historical contexts. Our emphasis is research that seeks to resolve methodological problems associated with the analysis of human and theoretical approaches that place culture and activity at the center of attempts to understand human nature. Our participants come from a variety of disciplines, including anthropology, cognitive science, education, linguistics, psychology and sociology.

Central to the organization of activities in the community is the Laboratory of Comparative Human Cognition (LCHC) at University of California, San Diego. LCHC publishes the Mind, Culture, and Activity journal (MCA) and sponsors XMCA, an e-mail discussion group. This homepage seeks to integrate a variety of activities in the community into one on-line resource. On this page you will find links to current and past issues of MCA, on-line discussions from the XMCA mailing list, personal profiles of our participants, and links to other related Web sites. We invite all people interested in any aspect of our activities and research to contribute to a common dialogue among e-mail discussants, journal subscribers, and interested researchers.

MCA Journal: Abstracts and ordering information for the Mind, Culture, and Activity International Journal. Paper Archive: This is an archive of papers submitted by members of our community. Please note that some of these papers are drafts. Citation is thus prohibited without author's permission.

XMCA Members: Here you will find personal profiles of our diverse participants.

Related Web Sites Our participants suggest interesting Web sites relative to our interest at MCA. We have provided links to these sites as well as descriptions of what they offer. The Cultural Historical AERA SIG website

---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---- These are cool tools. The first will help you with simple translation tasks. Works well at translating multi-lingual email messages. The second will extend your keyboard - Russian, Chinese, Spanish characters available. BabelFish Translation World Keyboard

Send questions or comments about this homepage to Peggy Bengel at pbengel@ucsd.edu