Re: xmca as classroom

From: MnFamilyMan@aol.com
Date: Wed Dec 04 2002 - 05:19:31 PST

In a message dated 12/3/2002 10:17:49 AM Central Standard Time,
Phillip_White@ceo.cudenver.edu writes:

> are you suggesting that we all go camping with you in the wilds of the
> great lakes? (joke!)
>
> what constitutes authentic learning within an on-line community?

Phillip;

I tried as best I could to frame my post as an opinion. The reference to
foraying was a literary allusion and meant to question exactly the inquiry
you posted. My point is that day-to-day xmca dialogue is authentic learning
and formalized coursework is formalized coursework. Everyday mental
functions is to xmca dialogue as scientific mental functions