course membership

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 28 2002 - 16:51:48 PST

Hi Molly.

If your life depended upon it, and from your knowledge of how xmca operates,
I am guessing you would guess the following:

The course is open to EVERYONE on xmca. Some will be students who want
credit, and already we know that credit is available locally in some cases,
through UCSD (where it will be for a grad course in the Comm Deptartment
on "Mediational Theories of Mind.") It will be partially coordinated with
a course in Helsinki and perhaps a course at Arhuus, and perhaps, who
knows where. It will be "taught" (and learned from) by those who participate.

It will be, it appears, in a separate space open to xmca members, as a way
of not intruding on those who do not want their mail clogged by the
discussion.

I imagine, based on past analogous experiences, that about once a week some
active participant who wishes course credit will volunteer to post a summary
to xmca about what has been read and discussed, for their information. And
that some people will drop out and that some people will join in and that
still others will not notice anything unusual going on at all.

It is threaten to rain here, although it is also warm. It would be nice
if everyone willed us about an inch of rain. The earth around us is dessicated
and thirsty!

Happy Thanksgiving, the guests have just arrived.
mike