Re: invitation to join iscar

From: King Beach (kdbeach@pilot.msu.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 27 2002 - 19:58:06 PST

>>I second Mike's suggestion that the newly formed ISCAR (formerly
>>ISCRAT and Society for Sociocultural Studies) is worth joining. It
>>is the major international forum for the sort of work that we do.
>>Plus membership gives you reduced conferences fees, reduced-priced
>>journal subscriptions (including to MCA), and reduced prices on
>>ISCAR-sponsored volumes.
>>
>>We are meeting in March in Seville, Spain to plan for the first
>>ISCAR conference to be held there in 2005. It should prove to be
>>an excellent Congress. As coordinator for the North American
>>region, I hope to shortly have a regional website up and running
>>(in conjunction with the Cultural-Historical of SIG of AERA website
>>and the XMCA site) to keep folks up-to-date on CHAT happenings etc.
>>
>>Cheers,
>>
>>King
>>

>I thought the conference in Seville was scheduled for 2004. Am I mistaken?
>
>Gordon

Both ISCRAT and Society for Sociocultural Studies met every four
years, offset from each other by two years, so effectively one or the
other was held every two years. As a single organization, we felt
that we did not have the capacity to host an international congress
every two years, but that 4 yrs. was too long between meetings, so we
ended up with every three years, which makes it 2005 in Seville.

-King

--
King Beach