Re: invitation to join iscar

From: King Beach (kdbeach@pilot.msu.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 27 2002 - 13:10:31 PST

I second Mike's suggestion that the newly formed ISCAR (formerly
ISCRAT and Society for Sociocultural Studies) is worth joining. It
is the major international forum for the sort of work that we do.
Plus membership gives you reduced conferences fees, reduced-priced
journal subscriptions (including to MCA), and reduced prices on
ISCAR-sponsored volumes.

We are meeting in March in Seville, Spain to plan for the first ISCAR
conference to be held there in 2005. It should prove to be an
excellent Congress. As coordinator for the North American region, I
hope to shortly have a regional website up and running (in
conjunction with the Cultural-Historical of SIG of AERA website and
the XMCA site) to keep folks up-to-date on CHAT happenings etc.

Cheers,

King

--
King Beach