Re: History readings: of course.

From: Bruce Robinson (bruce.rob@btinternet.com)
Date: Tue Nov 26 2002 - 15:07:37 PST

I'm not sure this is the right time but can I express some doubt about the
weight given to Ilyenkov in the exposition of dialectical materialism in
Yrjo's original list? I don't doubt his relevance but I have always found
(a) his prose rather turgid and difficult to read (b) that his writing tends
to assume rather a lot of background philosophical knowledge. For both these
reasons it might be somewhat of a turn off for people seeking to get into
the topic.

So I would suggest some Ilyenkov supplemented by another text or texts. I
need to think about this a bit more but will make a suggestion soon.

Bruce Robinson