Re: getting the list together

From: N (VYGOTSKY@CHARTER.NET)
Date: Sun Nov 24 2002 - 18:22:10 PST

I think you are right about the NA. I would only add Carl Ratner.

1) It would be nice to have more from the AT aspect (European), or for
that matter the Russian contemporary context is absent.

2) With the Sociocultural-Research group awhile back there should be
some stuff out of latin america. In particular,
http://www.cepaosreview.cjb.net./ is doing a whole journal on psychology
and marxism next year. Later this year they will be doing a theme on
cultural-historical psychology with Carl Ratner as co-editor.

Now, not to raise any heckles, but is the list below contemporary. The
work on any of these authors that I would highlight would be 10+ years
old :-) . This does not mean they have not published anything insightful
lately but more along the lines of extensions than new contemporary
insights. I personally find most of these authors important and
essential, but not necessarily contemporary.

It wuold be nice to think of contemporary applications /theory /
research / to start such a course. I personally think of Helena Worthen
in regards to labor but I'm sure there are others in respect to
education and work. I think Seth and some of that literaturec would be
great.