Re: lousy typing!/signs-tools

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Sat Nov 16 2002 - 08:57:15 PST

I agree, Nate, that our emphasis on the tool-like or symbol-like aspects of
artifacts are conditional on their functions/conditions of use. Its note that
I try to merge them in the idea of artifact, but that I believe that among
human beings the material/artifical and ideal are primally merged, and that
their separation is conditional upon use. So, maybe no disagreement, just
another misunderstanding. Darn. We need to develop to the point where we can
pinpoint clear disagreements so we might make a little progress toward more
secure knowledge.
mike