Re: cultural artifacts/psych tools

From: N (VYGOTSKY@CHARTER.NET)
Date: Fri Nov 15 2002 - 16:10:08 PST

I think one place it makes a difference is in education.

It matters, when using unifix cubes for example, if one internalizes
the model represented (sign), or the model stays on the tool side of
the equation.

Personally, I like the differentiation. It matters deeply if the clock
in a school is used as a sign or a tool.