Re: travels

From: Phil Chappell (phil_chappell@access.inet.co.th)
Date: Mon Nov 11 2002 - 04:10:45 PST

Mike,
I missed this post but caught it while I was clearing out the xmca folder.
Not only the "big 2", even smaller nations like Australia. I find it
fascinating that Australia has the highest per capita gambling rate in the
world and that 20 percent of the world's slot machines are in Australia -
all with a population of 19 million. Not sure about fossil fuel, but I'm
sure the lucky country wins an award there, too. I wonder what these
gambling statistics say about the problems facing Australians? Or is this a
little too close to the quantitative debate that was poo-pooed a few days ago?

Phil

Our UK collegues on xmca share problems which have an
upsetting set of parallels with our governments' partnerships in the world.