Re: I think it is a mistake

From: Bill Barowy (wbarowy@attbi.com)
Date: Sun Nov 10 2002 - 13:36:24 PST

On Saturday 09 November 2002 06:45 am, Alfred Lang wrote about
(quasi-)cybernetic systems:

> or set value (Sollwert) for the system to function. This conception
> is incapable of being an operating basis for evolutive systems and
> therefore is not suitable for understanding the evolutions.

I completely agree Alfred. One relative of cybernetics, system dynamics, is
capable of quantitative description of interrelated quantitites --
essentially using coupled differential equations -- and while this is useful,
this method is has not made it possible to examine systems in which the
interrelationships transform over time. Qualitative changes in the structure
of the system are beyond the scope of the approach.