Re: return of the native(ism) [massachusetts results]

From: Carol Macdonald (macdonaldc@educ.wits.ac.za)
Date: Wed Nov 06 2002 - 13:16:47 PST

Kevin
What a pity. Bilingual ed should be in the interests of the children, and
2-way programs benefit the English children.
Here in South Africa, African languages have such low status in the eyes of
the parents, that we are only starting to be able to strengthen the home
language curriculum, thus far.
Carol