Re: computer virus alert of early october w32bugbear

From: Alfred Lang (alfred.lang@psy.unibe.ch)
Date: Tue Nov 05 2002 - 04:54:19 PST

Bill, Mike, Ana, Ricardo and others,

I see only now that a computer worm may have been sent early in
October to member of the list with my name but a completly different
mail adress in the sender. Part of the text sent with the virus was
taken from a message I had sent to XMCA on July 11 or 12 this year.

I had gotten that message too, but my university mail servers has
substituted the virus with a message stating that fact. Late
September and large parts of October I have been off-line, my
computer with me. So the message has nothing to do with me except my
stolen name. My excuses for the inconvenience anyway.

Alfred

--

Alfred Lang, Psychology, Univ. Bern, Switzerland http://www.langpapers.net --- alfred.lang@psy.unibe.ch