life is like a river. . .

From: MnFamilyMan@aol.com
Date: Mon Nov 04 2002 - 16:50:54 PST

Kevin;

as well as the sweet honey in the rock I am reminded of langston hughes'
black nativity or for that matter the modern telling of romeo and juliet in
west side story. . .

. . .the idea being that there are universals within all and regardless of
time or space a story can revolve around these universals

speaking of hughes and mike's reference to rivers he wrote a beautiful poem
about the timeless aspect of rivers

as long as i am at it, another universal that comes up in conversation on
this listserve is that of belongingness or lack of belongingness; at times i
feel compelled by the flow of conversation and must become part of what is
shared and at other times i feel compelled to stand along the riverbank and
watch the conversation flow without any input and then there are the times I
must walk away from the flow altogether and always when I come back I can no
longer view what has gone before but must rather join in with the flow as it
is happening at the time. . .

. . . ever changing as it flows

eric