Dynamics, Exchange change, Gordon's video.

From: Bill Barowy (wbarowy@attbi.com)
Date: Wed Oct 30 2002 - 05:14:47 PST

Yes -- if at all possible, the videoclip of the episode would be greatly
appreciated -- Ana's comments on the dynamic aspects of relations and
functions might be better investigated/understood by the combination of the
video AND the transcripts/coding.

One of the things you point out Gordon, is how the category of division of
labor in the extended triangle is in relation to exchange structure -- and
the asymmetric model breaks that out to a degree -- but I'm having
difficulty seeing a pattern in IRF blocks or discourse codes that could help
to reveal this shift -- can you offer some additional insights here? Does
this model draw from wider experience with data outside the transcript?

bb