RE: Paragraph Marks

From: Steve Gabosch (bebop99@gte.net)
Date: Fri Oct 25 2002 - 02:19:16 PDT

Thanks Bill, thanks Ana. I was afraid the answer would be Find/Replace.
Ana's technique is a great one. I just copied a few pages of Wells' text
onto my Word 97, and did this:

(my Word97 version uses ^p to represent a paragraph mark)

1. Find .^p and Replace All with .%%^p
2. Find ^p and Replace All with a space
3. Find %% and Replace All with ^p^p

This eliminates all paragraph markers and then puts two paragraph markers
between each paragraph, which separates them by a blank line and makes them
easier to read. Any sequence of characters not found in the material such
as $$$ will do instead of the %% I used, or the slash Ana mentions, as she
points out. I was kinda hoping there would be an easier way to get rid of
those extra paragraph markers up front, but Ana's technique certainly works
very well for quoting passages. Thanks again!

- Steve Gabosch