RE: Paragraph Marks

From: Ana Marjanovic-Shane (anamshane@speakeasy.net)
Date: Thu Oct 24 2002 - 18:18:20 PDT

Hi,
There is a another way to get the paragraph marks out from the end of each
line while letting the real paragraph marks stay.
In Word (and probably other word processors):
Go to Edit--> Replace
In the Replace Dialogue box type (without quotation marks): ".^"
(period-paragraph mark) and replace that with "./" (period-slash) - Click to
replace "ALL". This changes all the real paragraph marks into slashes.
After that repeat the Replace dialogue and replace all the rest of the
paragraph marks with spaces.
Finally replace all the slashes with paragraph marks. (to make real
paragraphs)
This is only three moves instead having to repeat the process for each
paragraph.
Possible errors may happen where there was a period at an end of the line
but not at the end of a paragraph (this would be interpreted as an end of a
paragraph. Another error can happen if there are any slashes in the text.
Instead of a slash - one can use some other rare character like "{" (curly
brackets) or # etc.

I hope this will help.
Ana

Ana Marjanovic-Shane