RE: online seminar (on appropriate technologies)

From: Jim Rogers (fajimr@cc.usu.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 17 2002 - 12:28:43 PDT

I'd like to suggest that we table further discussion on what
technologies to use until we figure out: the materials we might use in
these workshops (which, in turn, means we need to determine such mundane
;) issues as course topics and goals), the types of activities the
facilitators would like to encourage amongst participants, time frames,
participate populations, etc...

We do have a good start on the issue of technology, which David has
nicely summarized. Once the workshop facilitators and participants have
come up with a workable structure, we can return and decide which
technology would work best for our needs.

So far I think only Mike and Gordon offered to facilitate these
workshops. It seemed that Mike was open to topics and Gordon wanted to
focus on language- where can we go from here on deciding possible
structures, topics, content, readings, etc? Anyone want to vote?

jim