collecting info

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 10 2002 - 07:05:59 PDT

Hi Nate-- Thanks for posting the 1902 strike info as well as re-sensitizing
us to issue of information collection by presumably benign organizations.

The article on pro-ana sites was interesting as well as disturbing, I presume
in different ways for different people.

For me, the context is a close friend whose daughter almost died of bulemi
a couple of months ago and immersion in the task of writing about "socialization" which is treated in psychology is a social-->individual process with
passive kids who tend to err.deviate and active/benign adults who try to
keep them on the straight and narrow path to virtue (as defined by whoever
controls the power, usually the bigger one).
mike