Re: test

From: Bill Barowy (wbarowy@attbi.com)
Date: Thu Sep 05 2002 - 13:51:14 PDT

On Thursday 05 September 2002 03:35 pm, Diane Hodges wrote:

> you pass the test.

Well, not really -- one part of the passage was an intentional misquote, the
other reveals a mistake in an online dictionary i did not catch until now.
My own unabridged version from 1880, in print of course, has no such mistake.

                I leave him to your gracious acceptance, whose
                trial shall better publish his commendation.

btw, the suffix "owy" means "from the" or "of the" in polish. Thus a taboret
barowy is a bar stool, and a wagon barowy is a car at the end of the train
that serves drinks. A barowy tester is a breathalyzer -- in which case i do
indeed pass!

bb