Re: RE: Theory vs practice or theory is practice?

From: Diane Hodges (dhodges@ceo.cudenver.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 13 2002 - 21:09:27 PDT

HUH.
I really appreciate the thoughts of bill about theory - practice,
and jiminy crickets phil capper you keener you!! wow.

for me,
i've never really succeeded in differentiating the idea from the doing -
i mean, ya sure I'm a theoretician not an ethnographer, "Jim," (ar', sez
the Star Trek decoy McCoy)
but really, '

for whom do we formalize theory and for what
if not for practical interpretation ?

and if we're not doing theory (ideas) when acting,
what in the world are we doing?????????????

:O

diane

'Lord Ronald said nothing; he flung himself from the room, flung himself
upon his horse and rode madly off in all directions.'
Stephen Leacock,
"Gertrude the Governess, or Simple Seventeen."

diane celia hodges
university of british columbia, centre for the study of curriculum and
instruction
vancouver, bc
mailing address: 46 broadview avenue, pointe claire, qc, H9R 3Z2