Re: extending mentoring activities/ AERA -- CH-SIG

From: Kevin Rocap (krocap@csulb.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 05 2002 - 12:51:42 PDT

Dear friends,

Not to be too overly concrete or practical it would be helpful (to me),
perhaps to others as well, to hear more about how AT and/or CHAT
research studies and approaches have "made a positive difference" in
specific circumstances and in ways unique to AT/CHAT (e.g., to guiding,
shaping, modifying practices, policies, outcomes, etc.).

I certainly respect that the philosophies, methods, theories and
approaches of AT/CHAT can have diffuse, far reaching and likely not
easily summarizable effects (everything from creating a social discourse
and community of folks on this list, to etc, etc, etc).

But as just one small piece of the overall picture I think it might be
helpful to try to point to some specific impacts that people feel are
attributable to AT/CHAT approaches. Does that make sense? Hopefully I
won't offend any purists ;-) (and don't mean to suggest that every study
or approach should have an immediate and recognizable impact. But I AM
interested in change and "making a positive difference." As others on
this list are as well. ;-) Perhaps that might be factored into any
mentoring ideas and activities?

Thanks!

In Peace,
K.