Re: types of tools

From: Jennifer Vadeboncoeur (vadebonc@mailbox.uq.edu.au)
Date: Wed Jul 31 2002 - 15:42:35 PDT

Hi Peter - You may be thinking of Marx Wartofsky's, primary,
secondary and tertiary artifacts? Primary (those used for
production), secondary (those used for remembering and transmitting),
tertiary (those used for imagining). If that sounds close-ish, I
think his discussion is in a 1973 pub called Models.
Cheers! Jen