Re: learning from a learning disabled child

From: Ellice Forman (ellice+@pitt.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 17 2002 - 12:31:17 PDT

Dear Eric, Bill and others,
If you are interested in learning disabilities and CHAT, I suggest that you
contact Addison Stone at the University of Michigan who has been publishing
in this area for more than 20 years. The Cole and Traupmann paper is quite
interesting (as is the work of Mehan, McDermott and others) but they are
writing from outside the field of special education with limited experience
with this diverse population. There are several people, like Addison and
Anne-marie Palincsar (also at Michigan) who work at the intersection of
CHAT and special education and have a vast experience with children who
have been labeled and receive special ed services.

Ellice Forman

--On Wednesday, July 17, 2002 2:48 PM -0400 Bill Barowy <wbarowy@attbi.com>
wrote:r

> With Mike's OK, the Cole/Traupmann paper was scanned by one of my
> students, Gail Beaton, who did an independent study of Vygotsky last
> year, and who is starting a dissertation on learning/disabilities.
> Interestingly enough, Gail connected to my social network through Vera,
> who was passing through. Thanks should be distributed around, and
> around...
>
> bb

Ellice Ann Forman
Department of Psychology in Education