RE: twice thrice and more!!

From: Judy Diamondstone (judith.diamondstone@verizon.net)
Date: Fri Jul 05 2002 - 16:00:13 PDT

Mike, I do apologize. Most xmca-ers who go to AERA are also on the CH-SIG
list, but not all, and apparently some CH-SIG members are not on xmca. Thus,
in the past, we have lived with duplicate messaging on SIG business, but
there was a lot of coordination, I think, behind the scenes.

I can't think of anyone I'd myself more like to invite to the Business
Meeting than Dorothy Holland, but we are trying to democratize the process.
Lots of people have spoken up -- lots of people haven't. At least, with the
voting booth, it's possible for anyone who wants to have a say to have a say
without having to buck the going word.

Eugene will be back on the 12th. Bill has already set up a voting booth for
the theme, so it should be simple to set up another for the business
meeting.

I've spent much too much time on SIG stuff today. Rest assured, I'm happy to
put it aside.

Judy