CHSIG THEME, BUSINESS MEETING, and CALL for REVIEWERS

From: by way of Bill Barowy (wbarowy@lesley.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 12 2002 - 15:24:14 PDT

Hi folks, aka Cultural-Historical SIG members and/or sympathizers--

ISCRAT is coming up and while you are there you may collaboratively have a
chance to develop some nice proposals for AERA 2003 in Chicago.

The recently passed chsig officers approved of the idea of continuing the SIG
theme, as it facilitated decisions regarding presentations last year. Should
we mess with something that works? Please consider then, these two items and
make suggestions to either Pilar Lacasa, Judy Diamondstone, or I. (email
addresses below)

1) SIG theme for AERA 2003 in CHICAGO

2) Business meeting for AERA 2003 in CHICAGO

To learn more about the meeting, please visit: http://www.area.net/meeting

As Eugene once wrote "Ask yourself not what SIG can do for you but what you
can do for the SIG!" (Matusov, 2001)

3) Three. THREE ITEMS. The SIG needs your help! Volunteer now to become a
reviewer for the AERA 2003 meeting in Chicago!

Your contribution as a reviewer is vital to a high-quality program and a
successful conference. Thus we invite you to provide this significant
professional service to AERA for the 2003 annual meeting in Chicago. If
you decide to register, please do it as soon as you possibly can!

To serve as a reviewer, you need to register with the AERA electronic
submission and review system, which is available at:

http://www.tigersystem.net/aera2003/

Five things to note about registering:

1. This year all program submissions and reviews are being handled
electronically, so to participate you must register.

2. The registration system seems to be functioning somewhat better using
Microsoft Explorer than Netscape, but both are working.

3. You can also register as a potential session chair and/or discussant at
the same time, and we encourage those who are interested to do so.

4. Specifying your interests and expertise via the descriptors facility is
important because it helps us to assign you submissions that are likely to
be of most interest to you.

5. We know that some of you registered last year in these capacities;
however, you must register again this year in order be a reviewer, chair,
or discussant for the 2003 program.

This request is being sent via listserve, so we apologize in advance for
the receipt of multiple copies.

In closing, we encourage you to participate in this important service to
the profession and your fellow researchers. More information about the
upcoming 2003 meeting is available at:

http://www.aera.net/meeting/

Make a difference!

Thank you for your attentive involvement,

Bill Barowy (SIG Pres)
   wbarowy@attbi.com
Pilar Lacas (CHSIG Co-Pres)
   placasa@teleline.es
Judy Diamonstone (Program Officer)
  diamonju@rci.rutgers.edu, judith.diamondstone@verizon.net
Chrysoula KE Fantaousakis (Treasurer)
Eugene Matusov (Chief Web Officer)

PS thanks to peter and eugene for retroactively allowing the re-cycling of
their bytes.