Re: Two examples of emergence

From: ksawyer@artsci.wustl.edu
Date: Wed Jun 05 2002 - 10:01:16 PDT

Molly, I'm looking forward to your elaboration after the weekend. I liked your
invocation of Durkheim; I think he was one of the first complex systems
theorists of emergence, and I propose this reading of Durkheim in "Durkheim's
dilemma: Toward a sociology of emergence". Along with Phillip, I'd like to
hear more about how/whether you think Foucault connects to emergence.