Re: Two examples of emergence

From: Molly Freeman (mollyfreeman@telis.org)
Date: Wed Jun 05 2002 - 09:14:22 PDT

Phillip,

I think Foucault pertains to all patterns of social behavior, including
theory and academic disciplines. I come to this from sociology of
knowledge and symbolic interaction, not from an immersion in CHAT. My
thinking has the imprint of Mannheim and Durkheim... and I see
complexity theory echoing, replaying many of their 'conversations.'

I have a family wedding in three days and I cannot give to this
discussion what I want to right now. I shall return with a more complete
response after the weekend.

I will looking forward to the opportunity....
Molly