Re: FW: VIRUS ALERT

From: Paul H.Dillon (illonph@pacbell.net)
Date: Thu May 23 2002 - 07:22:11 PDT

Mark,

As the emphasis of xmca has a lot to do with culture and history, I suppose
that this entire event can be seen in different lights depending on how much
of the history of the people involved you know. In this case its sort of a
funny case, like Marx said concerning Hegel's statement about history
repeating itself: "What he didn't say is that it happens the first time as
tragedy, the second as comedy."

I'm sure that it is very comforting to many who xmca members (not the least
mike himself) that a newcomer perceive the list as

>such a comfortable and trusting forum where people are very friendly to
each other
> and provide a safe place for making mistakes

Paul H. Dillon