Re: what's gnu?

From: Bruce Robinson (bruce.rob@btinternet.com)
Date: Thu May 23 2002 - 02:08:53 PDT

GNU is not Unix - that's what it stands for - 'GNU's Not Unix' which, if one
keeps expanding the abbreviation is, in computational terms, infinitely
recursive. The irony of this title, which was, I'm sure, not lost on its
inventors, was that infinitely recursive procedures eventually cause any
real computer to run out of memory and crash!

Bruce Robinson