Jim W

From: William E. Blanton (blantonw@miami.edu)
Date: Wed May 22 2002 - 20:13:36 PDT

Hey Jim

Jim, join the group, along with Sylvia and Harriet, and who knows who else
among us, who have outlasted the disease. I, too, have survived, since
1966. Most all, science is so much better now than then-and getting better
every day. We are a part of a generation whose members will not die a
natural death. We are also members of a generation who are getting pretty
far out on the "measured stick." I can still remember my mother's mother,
who lived out in the Hoskins area of Charlotte and soon to become I 85,
saying, "Billy, ain't progress a wonderful thing." She lived to be
88. She may have been among the last to die a natural death. If you ever
get a chance to really research your family history and get back into the
census data, you will know what I mean. Our ancestors died of red fever,
yellow fever, smallpox, measles, diphtheria, stomach problems, head
problems, blood poisoning, and manner more unnamed illnesses! I found one
fellow in the family who had a tooth extracted and died from the infection
created by putting turpentine oil on the wound. Crazy stuff man.

Well, Harriet, is your house guest still with you. Tell her we will miss
her. But, she should take her path and follow it to where it goes. If you
don't, you never know what was o'er the hill. However, if you do, you
never know what was on this side. The trick is working out ways to get
fleeting glimpses of both sides.

Jim, Sylvia, and Harriet, as old C. C. Little would say, "Just out mean the
stuff. If your teeth fall out bitting it, just gum it to
death." Interesting stuff, I think.

As a side note, go back and view video of Israel from 48 on. This is our
future.

Kisses

Bill Blanton