Henri Bergson

From: Keith Sawyer (ksawyer@artsci.wustl.edu)
Date: Mon May 20 2002 - 07:25:20 PDT

Like Mike, I see many parallels between Bergson and sociocultural theory.
I quote the following passage in the "Emergence in psychology" article:
"Everything is obscure in the idea of creation if we think of THINGS which
are created and a THING which creates....There are no things, there are
only actions" (Creative evolution, p. 248). Also of interest is the
discussion in Chapter 4 of the "cinematographical illusion" (especially
pages 305-307).

R. Keith Sawyer

http://www.keithsawyer.com/
Assistant Professor