RE: Interesting quote from Rogoff & Gauvain

From: Stetsenko, Anna (AStetsenko@gc.cuny.edu)
Date: Fri May 17 2002 - 09:56:03 PDT

Mohamed, congratulations on you new papers. Right, they are new? I have not
had a chance to read them but only took avery quick glance.
Mohamed, as before, I think you do not do justice to ALL russian and Soviet
psychologists and philosophers. Many of then were non-Marxists or only
formally marxists. But then several of them were real Marxists, directly,
explicitly, and very productively emplying and developing Marxist approach
in psychology. I think you simply have no access to some of these latter. I
already told you - why do you need to pian the picture as black and white?
In such borad strokes? The picture was much more complex that you portray.
Although I am in full support of your overall direction of critique, I am
doubtful as to the details of your portrayal.
See what I mean?
If you need more info on the MArxists Soviet psychologists, let me know.
Best wishes ans see you in Amsterdam,
Anna